A causal argument, also referred to as a causal analysis, is found in essays that address the question “Why?” Many times, the writer is not in a position to answer that specific question. If that is how it is, then the essay is thought to be hypothesizing about causes since it does not have a precise answer to the addressed question. In this type of essay, the writer must put a description of the events, followed by repeating the thesis statement. This type of essay topic can be likened to a cause and effect essay though the latter is used for less complex topics.
The main idea behind causal argument topic is coming up with issues (causes) that lead to a certain product (effect). It is important that the cause and effect are clearly connected. Most students fail to come up with enough causes to write about when writing the causal essay. Always sketch out a plan before having the first draft of your report. Your essay should have a rock-solid foundation, well-defined and explained body paragraphs, and a thought-out conclusion.
The Structure of a Causal Essay
The moment you have identified the topic of interest, research on the internet and visit your nearest library to get information on the said topic.
The title and the causal question should be similar. A good title will come about when the question is shortened and the response to that question is what makes up the thesis pf the causal essay.
The introduction to your causal essay should really capture the audience´s attention and should explain the subject matter and its results.
Start the thesis by asking the question and answering it accurately. Remember, a good causal topic is on that has several answers to it. Choosing a topic that has only one answer will make you get stuck when writing your thesis. In order to show the flow of ideas in your essay, introduce the word ´because´ in your sentences to bring out the cause and effect aspect.
The body of your essay should present the arguments in a comparable manner. For example, when you ask the question, ´Why do many people prefer fast foods? ´ The answer could be ´People prefer fast foods because they are affordable. Moreover, most of these fast food joints are easy to locate´. These answers go on and on as the answer the ´cause´ question. The motives as to why something is the way it is needs to be captured in the body paragraph and should be expressed into complete phrases. These arguments should be justifiable and have legitimate proof. Use sources that are credible and can be relied on. Such sources could be articles, books and journals, audios and videos from different sources.
In the conclusion segment, the audience should be inspired to accept the intentions of your essay topic or state your stand on the subject matter. Identify the main causal point and explain why it carries the most weight.
Topics to Study
Below are some of the topics that can be used or that can help you come up with ideas of your own when writing an essay:
- What Causes People To Experience Fears?
- Why Do Some People Get Hooked To Betting?
- What Causes People To Get Out Of Uncomfortable Circumstances Such As Abusive Relationships Or Poverty?
- Why Does The Feeling Of Love Diminish Over Time?
- Why Do Old People Forget Things Easily?
- Why Is Sleep Necessary?
- Why Do Some People´s Personalities Change From Time To Time?
- What Brings About Unemployment In A Country?
- What Makes Most Marriages End Up In Divorce?
- What Makes Countries Go To War?
- What Promoted Vices Such As Corruption And Nepotism In A Country?
- What Led To The Fall Of The Roman Empire?
- Where Do Dreams Originate From?
- Where Do Reflexes Such As Yawning Or Hiccupping Come From?
- What Are The Reasons That Make People Become Extroverts And Some Introverts?
- What Makes People Develop A Craving For Sugar?
- Why Do Firstborns Become More Successful?
- How Does Social Media Improve Communication Skills?
- How Do Bicycles Reduce Traffic Jams?
- How Does A Happy Marriage Lead To Prolonging The Life Of A Person?
Topics Involving the Youth
- Why Do Many Teens Rebel?
- What Is The Cause Of Acne Among Many Teens?
- Why Are Most Teens Vulnerable And Easily Cut Themselves When They Become Emotionally Unstable?
- Why Are There So Many Cases Of Suicide Among The Youth?
- Why Does Peer Pressure Affect Most Of The Young People?
- Why Is It Important To Educate People On The Importance Of Having Savings When Still Young?
- Why Do Adolescent Relationships End Up In Fights And Disagreements?
- Why Are Youngsters Easily Lured Into Drug And Substance Abuse?
- Why Do Teens Fall In Love Quickly?
- Why Do Adolescents Prefer Staying In Their Rooms Instead Of Interacting With Their Family Members?
- Why Does The Use Of Social Media Sites Such As Facebook, Twitter And Instagram Lead To Decreased Happiness Among People?
- How Does Having A Good Sense Of Humor Improve Personal Relationships?
- How Does An Unhealthy Eating Habit Lead To Decreased Performance At Work?
- How Does Reading Books Influence The Way Of Thinking And Conducting Conversations?
- How Has Technology Affected The Value Systems In Families And The Way They Interact?
Topics Related to Nature
- How Does Water Vapor Contribute To Greenhouse Gas Emissions?
- How Does An Increase In Global Temperature Lead To A Prevalence In Malaria And Cholera.
- What Causes An Increase In The Number Of Pests In Cities?
- What Causes The Extinction Of Sea Species Such As Fish?
- How Does Coal Affect The Ozone Layer?
- Why Do Bees And Ants Often Work In Teams?
- What Makes Butterflies Get Attracted To Colorful Petals?
- Why Is It Important To Teach Children How To Care For Pets?’
- Why Is It Important To Teach Children How To Care For The Environment?
- Why Is It Not Recommended For Dogs To Interbreed?
- What Is So Important About Maintaining A Recommended Tree Cover In Various Countries?
- Why Are Microorganisms Present In The Soil?
- What Are The Major Causes Of Pollution?
- What Are The Consequences Of Pollution On Water, Air, Land And Soil?
- What Leads To Reduction In Underground Water Sources?
- How Does An Accurate Weather Forecast Help People Avoid Or Reduce Impacts Brought About By Natural Disasters?
Topics Dealing with Sports
- How Do Frequent Workouts Help Humans Improve Their Immune Systems?
- Why Do Children Who Engage In Sports Better At Communicating With Their Peers And Develop More Confidence Than Those Who Don’t Engage In Sports?
- How Does Sports Help Reduce Stress And Depression?
Topics Related to Politics and Culture
- Why Are Most Citizens Not Satisfied With Their Country´s Healthcare?
- Why Was It Necessary For Brexit To Take Place?
- Why Does AIDS Spread Fast?
- Why Do Most Middle Eastern Countries Engage In War?
- What Are The Causes That Led To The Economic Meltdown Of 2008?
- Why Do Most Earthquakes Occur In Asian Countries?
- What Are The Main Reasons That Lead To Random Shootings In Schools In The United States Of America?
- What Brought About The Jews Holocaust?
- Why Did The Chinese Introduce Their One-Child Policy And What Were The Reasons Behind The Withdrawal Of This Policy?
- What Were The Reasons That Made Donald Trump Become The President Of The US?
- Why Do Fewer Young People Decide Not To Participate In Elections Through Voting?
- Why Do People Prefer Cramming Rather Than Understanding The Given Content?
- How Does Pirating Music, Games, Apps, And Movies Affect The Artist?
- How Does Affordable Housing Affect The Well-Being Of People?
- How Does The Brain Record Long-Term And Short-Term Information?
- How Has Racism Changes Overtime?
- What Are The Factors That Led To The Translation Of The Bible Into Various Languages?
- What Are The Factors That Lead To Identity Theft?
- How Does Terrorism Come Into Place And How Do They Operate?
Knowing the ideas behind writing a causal argument essay is important especially when it comes to writing a persuasive essay. Ensure that you never run out of causes to explain and defend your work. Always have a rough draft before beginning.