Process essay is just what it says – a process. It’s a set of steps that are used to describe a process of some sort, from drawing a person to opening a bank account. If you think about it like an instruction, it becomes even easier. The goal is to explain something clearly and plainly and make even the most complex matter easy to the reader.
Outline of a Process Essay
It’s very easy because this essay basically composes itself. State the process in introduction, the body is for the stages involved in it and in conclusion you summarize how you managed to provide a guide on a topic for the reader.
The essay’s length hinges on whether the selected procedure is long or not.
Introduction of a Process Essay
It doesn’t matter whether the essay’s describing the process of fixing a car, writing a book or how to feed a goat, it is important to know your target audience from the beginning. You can utilize professional terms to showcase your competence in that particular field and appeal to them more.
Don’t fret about the structure. The good thing about this essay is that the step-by-step process itself provides the structure. Begin the opening paragraph by establishing the analyzed process and share ideas on why this particular procedure is fascinating and significant to observe. It is not a must you cover the background of the discussed procedure.
Process Essay Body Paragraphs
This is an easy part when it comes to composing: you just list steps one by one. The amount of detail required is determined by the assignment and the topic. The more complicated topic will of course need more details. You might want to list the resources necessary for the process. Bonus points if you suggest how to obtain them. Don’t be too boring, spice up the text with good fun examples if something is too complex.
At the end of the instruction, the reader ought to be able to repeat the actions given to solve the problem alone. If the reader isn’t able to do that, it implies that you as the writer didn’t give clear and correct instructions. Begin the concluding paragraph with the brief review of the whole process. This helps the reader to recall what they were doing, for how long, and what the expected outcome ought to be. Whereas the body paragraphs provide a thorough interpretation of every stage, a conclusion ought to have a single short sentence that summarizes each step of the procedure.
Process Essay Topics
Are you looking for a good topic for a process essay? Take a look at the examples of great process essay topics below:
- How To Get Rid Of A Bad Habit
- Enduring A Night Of Babysitting
- Planning The Perfect Party Step By Step
- Look Fashionable On A Budget: Some Secrets
- How To Lose Weight And Remain Mentally Healthy
- Mowing The Lawn Essentials
- The Secrets To Pitching A Tent In The Rain Like A Pro
- Playing Texas Hold ’Em Like An Expert Gambler
- How To Become A Successful College Student
- How To Land The Perfect Roommate
- How To Build Good Friendship With Your Roommate
- How To Train Your Pet Dog
- The Complicated Process Of Applying For A Study Abroad Program
- How To Win Over Insomnia
- An Easy Way To Remain Sober At A Party
- The Process Of Renting An Apartment For The First Time
- The Perfect Cookies Recipe And Steps
- Keeping Calm During Exams: How To Do It
- Building A Healthy Relationship With Your Spouse
- Complaining Effectively And Correctly
- Going Through Your First Job Interview Like An Expert
- Recession: Tips To Endure It Well
- How To Train A Toddler To Use Toilet
- LinkedIn: Using It Right To Get What You Need
- How To Be Friends With Many People
- Facebook: What’s It For
- Taking Care Of Long Hair
- The Process Involved In Leading A Team
- The Best College Classes And How To Spot Them
- Breaking Up Easily And Quickly
- How To Create Your Own Unique Collection
- Self-Confidence For Students And How To Get It
- No Car? How To Survive With No Vehicle
- How To Stop Smoking
- How To Buy A House
- How To Learn To Make Perfect Coffee
- The Best Ice-Cream Tutorial For Homemade Treats
- Political Campaigning Explained
- Hamburgers Are Easy And Delicious: The Step-By-Step Process
- How Movies Are Made Into What We See In Theaters
- Choosing A Major And Not Regretting It
- Gain And Keep Friends On Facebook: How To
- How Teachers Come Up With Exam Questions
- Stopping Procrastination At Its Start
- Taking Care Of Your Pet Well
- How Films Are Made: All Steps
- Selecting Romantic Partners: What Happens In People’s Minds
- How To Teach People English As A Second Language
- How To Open A Grocery Store And Attract Customers
- Finding Sources For Your Papers With Ease
- Tidying Up With Purpose
- How Authors Get Their Works Published
- Use These Simple Tricks To Craft A Bibliography
- Finding The Perfect Read: Your New Favorite Book Is Closer Than You Think
- Libraries Are Not Complicated: Find What You Search For
- The Fascinating Process Of Decay: Major Steps
- Using Online Maps Correctly
- How To Make A Website That Will Work
- Getting Rid Of Stuff: Do Garage Sales Work?
- The Process That’s Involved In Going Broke Oficially
- Write About Music Without Being An Expert: A Guide
- How To Create Cheap Party Games
- Newbie Hunters: Tips
- Marathon Is The Goal: What To Do Before And Hot To Prepare?
- How Computer Code Works With Hardware?
- Making A Party Dish That’s Cheap And Cool
- Flags Should Be Honored: How To Do It?
- A Guide On How To Shoot Free Throws In Basketball
- Boost Your Immunity: Tricks To Not Get Sick In Winter
- How To Buy A Good Fridge For Many Years To Come
- Selling Stuff On Ebay
- Buying Used Items: What To Do
- Budget Options For Good And Cool Vacations
- Boost Your Vehicle: A Guide
- Insurance Is For Life: How To Choose One Carefully
- How Vodka Is Made
- How Cells Reproduce
- Doing Botanical Research: How Plants React To Things
- Connection Between Anxiety And Bad Habits: How They Develop
- How To Buy A Laptop That Will Serve You For Long
- How People Fall For Fraud Schemes: The Psychology
- Seeing In Color: Why We Can Do It?
- Feminism: How It Started And What Are Its Concerns Today
- Racism: Psychology Behind The Hatred
- Why Children Learn Things Better And Faster?
- How The Rain Works?
- The Science Behind An X-Ray Scan
- Greenhouse Effect: The Process
- Legislation: How Bills Become Laws
- How To Get The Job You Want
A process essay explains how something happens in time. Instead of informing the reader how to it, this essay explains how it’s observed to happen. Remember to define the terms which your readers may not have knowledge of.