Once you left school and decided to enter some educational establishment to continue your studies and get a certain qualification or even a degree, it seems that all troubles of your student’s life will be waiting for you during the learning process in a college. However, the first pitfall occurs immediately after you have decided to apply for a role of a university student: they ask you to compose a paper. It is not an ordinary essay or report you have already made long before at school, but it is a profound work describing you as a person and learner. So many questions arise in your mind such as how long should a personal statement be or how to write a personal statement for graduate school, for instance. Here comes the necessity to know the truth. So, what is a personal statement?
Personal Statement Definition
It is a type of a written work aimed at presenting a person’s character mostly, his or her best traits or achievements, and the level of knowledge concerning a study’s branch he or she has chosen long before. Along with your essay examples on a topic and documents proving your grades that are good for further education, you need to provide members of the committee with a grain of information about you and your abilities to make them choose your candidacy to learn in a college or university. They are searching for the following aspects to be demonstrated clearly in your paper:
- The way of how you think. In other words, they take into consideration your lexical use and constructions that you put into the admission essay.
- Some information about you showing your personal qualities. They can test you based on this material and discover what type of person you are and what profit you can bring to their educational establishment.
- At last, they check the level of your English language and ability to express your thoughts with the help of this skill.
The way of how well you compose your motivation letter influences your chances to enter a college. Sometimes the committee takes into consideration only this piece of paper. Most prestigious universities of the world demand from you more than only an ability to perceive new information quickly; they also look for creative thinking and some undisclosed possibilities and skills. That is why you need to pay much attention to the personal statement format and composition.
In addition, a person may describe some information that wasn’t mentioned in a curriculum vitae, for instance. For this reason, you need to ask yourself a question “how to write my personal statement?”.
Structure Your Work Correctly
This should be a motto of your assignment, as a proper outline provides you with a well-composed motivation letter. It is the simple truth to structure any scientific paper in order to fill all components with some necessary material step by step. Of course, some students are too scary or uncertain about motivation letter writing. If you belong to them, it would be better to leave the execution of a task to our personal statement writing service and continue preparing for some admission tests. For you crave to complete such a task by yourself, it would be better to learn the following rules of how to start a personal statement, present your argumentative part of why you want to get acquainted with that particular specialization, and conclude your piece of writing reasonably to have a certain effect on every member of the committee to make them choose your candidacy.
You may stick to an ordinary three-paragraph essay structure:
- An introduction
- A body part
- A summary
However, this is not obligatory, and if you want your admission essay to look different from numerous letters, you can make up your own format. Go ahead and show the committee your ability to think creatively!
While some students are counting on an extraordinary essay format, others prefer to follow a common outline. Split your text into 5 or 6 paragraphs. Each of them will be in charge of a certain information and purpose of your composition. Every word should convey a sense and every phrase should be deliberately put in a proper place of a text. Look at the following points to mention in your motivation letter:
- The first section serves to introduce aspects in which you are interested and the explanation of why you want to study this subject.
- Here you state some actions related to a subject study, which you have done in school. Usually, students include some extra material and data that wasn’t put into your UCAS form for some reason.
- Then goes the section describing some relevant activity or works you made at school that can be useful to show your abilities to learn a subject.
- This part illustrates your interests and hobbies that have no connection with the school activity but exposing your reliability as a perfect candidate and assiduous student.
- The last part of your admission essay states the aim of your application to a college or university as well as reasons of why you want to attend this exact educational establishment. Besides, you need to leave a memorable comment that will catch admission officers’ attention.
Try to use this scheme or take a motivation letter example to employ it like a template. Moreover, you may order custom personal statement writing instead and professional essay writer will present your candidacy in the best way!
Hacks to Compose the Best Admission Essay
To give you an opportunity to compose the best motivation letter ever, we have collected five effective and helpful tips to accomplish this task.
- Keep it short but meaningful. Be precise while stating some ideas of yours and use short sentences for this. It is commonly known that the length of lines influences the desire to read them. Thus, a person perceives a message they convey better. If you think that it gives you the advantage to go into detail, you are absolutely wrong. One of the numerous arguments to it is that an officer must read a great pile of works and he or she won’t like to overcome your volumes of lines.
- Avoid spelling mistakes. It is not enough to compose a proper admission essay; a student has to check it for spelling and grammar mistakes before sending it to the committee. Otherwise, your work won’t be even read. To avoid rejection, check the work for several times and ask someone else to do it for you. Thus, you will correct every error quickly and efficiently. .
- Exclude unnecessary lines and pompous words. Be natural when presenting your character traits and intentions. Ask some friends or parents to provide you with some feedback related to the question. If they think you do not resemble a person described in a paper, an admission officer may suspect the same. Besides, they can mention some of your qualities, which you don’t know or consider not significant to put in the paper. .
- Plan your work process. Pay enough time and attention to composition and proofreading processes. Avoid procrastination and schedule your time. For example, you can write the whole admission essay on a single occasion and leave editing until another day, or even write a paper piece by piece to make it easier. .
- Don’t include aspects you have already mentioned in your curriculum vitae. Be creative and open, and don’t stick to cliché phrases. Besides, try to avoid religious or political topics, as these are sensitive subjects and your standpoint may be considered non-tolerant. .
You may save some free time and dedicate it to prepare for your future studies, as you will surely be studying in a certain college in case you order personal statement help online from our professionals.