The Ins and Outs of Compare and Contrast Essays
Compare and contrast essays are some of the most interesting essays to write. We will provide useful information that’s meant to guide a writer in completing his or her task in a manner that’s interesting and fulfilling.
The Function of these EssaysNotes within this article are meant to aid one in determining the comparability that may be the aspect of a given assignment. Before generating a menu that has a number of diverging and agreeing points, it is imperative to make a decision on points of focus on whether the former or the latter. It is important that you pause for a moment and interrogate reasons informing your claim before coming up with one. Additionally, such comparisons should not just be lacking in depth .i.e. contents that only pity two angles that is not well grounded against each other. Make a strong and convincing argument. Transcend basic argument such as item 1 supersedes item 2 or item 1 and 2 shares similar qualities.
The BeginningAs a learner in an institution, you are bound to be accomplishing a lot of writings which differ in so many aspects including what is demanded of them. However, those commonly adopted by such institutions include the ones one has to weigh against each other in terms of the thoughts informing them, their structural arrangements and things that are either the same or different about them. Remember that what is mostly required of one by the teachers is to demonstrate the ties in contents and concepts, to critically think or indulge in that process, as well as to analyze the content beyond just describing or summarizing them. An intensive synthesis and appreciation of an article are only gained via reflection of similar and different aspects.
Recognition of Comparable or Contrastable Aspects of a TaskInstances of comparisons, contrasts, resemblances, and variances;
- Equate and differentiate interpretation of oppression by Frye and Bartky
- Contrast the two world wars, their reasons, progressions, and results
- Tell the difference between Wordsworth and Coleridge; poetically, indicate their departure points.
- Working on poems of romance, decide on one idea that might be based on demise, intimacy, and life naturally as you also check on their treatment.
- The definition and description of tyranny by various writers studied Compare Frye’s and Bartky’s accounts of oppression.
- The implications of collusion by women in abetting tyranny. Is there accuracy?
- As contained in the study, different stories are told by the war heroes in as far as how they felt as well as the challenges they faced. What are the similarities in their testimonies plus what are the factors that are warranting their divergence?
Application of Contrasting or Comparing for Various TasksOften, the two styles that are equating and differentiating may be applicable in an initial writing task for the purposes of generating ideas for use in ones work despite the fact that they were not a requirement for that particular task. If, for instance, the argument is that testimony of tyranny as projected by Frye’s supersedes those of de Beauvoir and Bartky as one does a comparison and a contrast on key arguments as expressed by all the authors. The evaluation might be created on the basis of this task even though it may not expressly require one to equate or differentiate. This implies that such tasks may not be contained in the rough work that is done.
Finding Correspondences as well as VariancesConstruction of charts is helpful and very efficient in comparing plus contrasting dual items or thoughts. Making set diagrams involves loops that overlap with various considerable items contained within them. At their center of the intersection, the commonalities are placed thereafter, putting in the different area’s items that separate them. Importantly, it is not advisable to take into account the assignment’s intent as well as its words. The expectation by the lecturer on what the student should learn is very important its commonalities or relevance to one’s current field. A question that should be answered is to the effect that there is either hint on the area of focus or in the task. Generally, a list of examples of comparable and contrastable questions has been presented below. They are incomplete and indefinite but meant to paint some thoughts that might be useful in begin. Additionally, the ideas here do not bar one from generating their questions for various comparisons. One might be by applying the 5 W’s and 1 H that is synonymous with the media personalities. Considerations could be made on duration, numbers, location sound, weight, and even shape.
Events and the Ancient Duration
- The occurrence date and period, changes and their significance.
- People’s tasks, the kind of relationship they had plus their values
- The governments by then and the prominent personalities involved by then.
- The cause of event during the times plus their later results
Dual Inklings or Concepts
- Their focus
- Their origin specific phases
- The creators and their defenders
- Theme, hypothesis, and aim not forgetting the summaries they give
- Their relevance and applications to daily life events and situations
- The appropriate one and reasons for ones trust on either of them
- Testimonies, proofs, and credibility they offer.
Art or Pieces of Writing
- Topics and describable aspects
- Tonality, disposition plus the format
- Their creators, time of creation, reasons behind their creation, their claims and message.
- Their quality and qualification
- Pieces of articles must contain characters; settings tell stories.
- Their background, their age, their sex, gender, and social class as well as race.
- Their prominence, their celebrity status, their relations
- Their personalities, their acts, their belief systems their interests
- Their uniqueness and outstanding points
The Focus AreaProbably, the information already provided will help in producing aspects that are the same and those that are different. Now, a decision has to be made on the ones that are applicable, good, drawing attention and understandable as the writing process begins.
Questions to Ask YourselfImportant things to the task;
- The important things to the course
- Attention-grabbing and educational aspects
- The basis of the claim made
- The foundation, if any